16 ºC MIN / 23 ºC MAX
Sábado 21 de Octubre
13 ºC MIN / 24 ºC MAX
Domingo 22 de Octubre
13 ºC MIN / 28 ºC MAX
Lunes 23 de Octubre
Sanctuary of the Virgin of La Reducción Valley (La Reducción)
The Sanctuary of the Virgin of La Reducción Valley, in Lules, will amaze the tourist no matter his religion, as it encloses a very rich history. Every 8 of December, day on the Immaculate Conception of Mary, around 100 thousands of pilgrims gather there in an act of faith that nowadays has become a tradition.
The story tells that on November 26, 1923, a strong storm of stones broke over La Reducción. The families, worried about the damages that their properties and gardens would suffer, locked up to pray the Rosary, begging that their crops would not be damaged. They were surprised to find that no lots were damaged and, minutes later, they saw that, near a carob tree, a little image of the Immaculate Mary virgin was buried. This finding was considered a miracle, and after this event, the tribute paid to the Virgin is constant.
The story of the City of Concepción is closely related to the parish church. It started being built around the year 1852, and according to the tradition, the image of the Immaculate Conception belonged to a group of soldiers who fought against Juan Manuel de Rosas, and who gave such image as a gift to an old lady that helped them in the woods.
The image, artistically carved in quebracho (local hard tree), is more than 1 meter tall. In 1975, the Mayor of the City declared the image of the Holy Virgin Mary as the Patron Saint of the Concepción city, in a tribute to the Immaculate Conception.
Nuestra Señora de Las Mercedes Church (Simoca):
Founded in 1859, each 24 of September- commemoration of Virgin of Mercy day- more than five thousand parishioners come to the temple.
According to some historical documents, around the year 1849, Manuel de Albornoz, the person in charge of the local government, brought two images of the Virgin of Mercy – one for his wife and another to the local parish church, a hut where San Juan (Saint John) was honored- from Spain to Peru (by sea), and then from Peru to Simoca (by land).
Because of people’s devotion, the Virgin was named Patron of the Village. This is why the town was known as Villa de las Mercedes, or Villa of the Mercies.
Villa de Medinas Church:
The church is located in one of the oldest towns of the province’s interior and was built by the Parish priest Miguel Román, presumably in the year 1868. It is a magnificent and well equipped building.
The oldest image belongs to the Virgin of Mercy, carved in a semi-hard wood, with a gold-plated sheet from the year 1600. The church is the central place where two important festivals are celebrated: the first one, on July 15, the commemoration day of the Virgin’s coronation, and the second one, on September 24, day of the Virgin of Mercy, when more than 30000 pilgrims meet.
Lules Jesuitic Ruins (Lules):
With a simple but history-filled architecture, the convent was built in the shape of a “U”, with galleries to the South, across the church. Its rooms show a lineal and simple structure and were built along several galleries, forming a transition space.
It has a classic, Italian style. Two masses are celebrated every year: on March 19, day of Saint Joseph the Worker, and on December 17, day of the arrival of the Jesuits.
Church of Monteros
Its origins date back to the time of the founding of San Miguel de Tucuman,Ibatín area. The land where now stands the town of Monteros weredelivered "as payment for their services" Captain Espinoza de los Monteros,faithful devotee of the Virgin of Rosario.At the modest chapel of adobe and straw used Espinoza and their descendants willfollowed by a small church erected on August 15, 1780, being its first pastorthe Prebístero Miguel Aráoz with a wide jurisdiction.Years later, at the initiative of the same parish was built in 1805 a hugeParish, which was demolished in 1940 due to damage suffered.The current church was finally opened after nearly 20 years of work, the November 17, 1962.
His faithful held annually LA FIESTA DEL ROSARIO, on 1 SundayOctober and is famous an incident in 1719 known as the Miracle of Our Ladybecause for three days the image wept wetting their garments.